Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish where people who love lists and books can share their favorites based on a certain topic each week.
This week’s topic is the ten most recent books I have added to my TBR! I may have accidentally scheduled a different post to go up earlier today, so oops. It was a long break off from the blog, okay?
1. Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley
A story about the Brontës and their ability to travel into the worlds they create. It seems as Gothic as Jane Eyre, plus actual magic not just the insistence that Jane is fae. :)
2. The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
These silly kids better make up and kiss if they know what’s good for them…
3. A Scot in the Dark by Sarah MacLean
I can’t resist a good punny play on words.
4. The Steep & Thorny Way by Cat Winters
A re-imagining of Hamlet, set it 1920s Oregon with a bi-racial female protagonist. Yissssplease
5. Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie
Our MC can feel what those around her feel, and is shoved into the role of royal emotion sniffer in order to protect the emperor from being killed. It sounds like a good Poison Study set up, in a sense.
6. America’s First Daughter by Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie
Historical fiction about Thomas Jefferson’s oldest daughter, Martha. It’s co-written by Stephanie Dray, whose Cleopatra’s Daughter series rocked my socks.
7. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
You know about this. I just got my copy yesterday!
8. Sex Criminals Vol. 3: The Hard Way by Matt Fraction
More Sex Criminals, score! I think I have this pre-ordered already – I love this series.
10. The Hundred by Kass Morgan
I don’t know. I love the show, but I hear the book is not the same really. More lovey dovey than killy-stabby. So…. not sure I will actually ever read this.
What do you think? What was your most recent TBR add?